Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Price / how often published etc and why? (relate back to your refined target audience e.g. what can they afford? You must also consider how much the mags that you are competing against charge for theirs, and be able to justify your price etc). (Music Magazine)

I decided on the price of my magazine being £2. The reasons behind this are firstly due to the fact my target audience is youths aged 13-20 (socio economic group C2-E) taking into consideration the vast majority of my target audience will not have paid jobs I think its important to sell my magazine for a reasonable price that they can either save up for or simply ask their parents. Also I've based my price on what would be rival magazines if I were to place mine in this particular area of the music magazine industry such as Kerrang and NME. Taking that into consideration with kerrang being priced at £2.20 and NME magazine being priced at £2.20 also I figure it's importantly to make my magazine cheaper to lure possible buyers in and ensure they stray away from buying others. Another reason for it's cheaper is as my magazine will be new on the market it's important to make sure it's cheaper to ensure better sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment