Friday, 18 November 2011

Identify and explain choice of music genre that you will use to base your entire magazine on. (Music Magazine)

After taking time to consider what genre to base my music magazine on I that the genre of my choice would be an assortment of modern rock music aimed at a mostly younger audience due to basing it on modern rock and the many sub genres associated with rock. Genres such as: Metal, Hardcore, Thrash, Punk, Pop Punk, Funk Rock.
Below I will show a few photographic examples of bands I would base in my magazine identify their genre and why they should be suitable. And use photos that could possibly be magazine cover standard with its conventions.

I decided on this particular genre as I believe it to be an ever rising market. More people who listen to the music I decided on are more likely to read a music magazine than say someone who listens to rap, RnB etc. I also decided on it as it’s my favoured type of music and have read many similar magazines. This means I will have more suitable ideas for it then if I were to leave my comfort zone.

<><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><>

Above is a hugely successful band with the modern era of rock music, Bring Me The Horizon.
They'd be an extremely good choice of cover artist for any magazine similar to the one i plan to produce.
This is because due to their worldwide popularity with fans of this genre it already entices the possible buyer to pick it up, even to people new to them can decipher the genre of the magazine due to their appearance. What I mean by this is that by looking at them, especially the front man (Oliver Sykes) you immediately notice he is heavily today from head to toe. At a closer look at the tattoos you notice their fairly graphic and grotesque even. This connotes that possibly they play dark, heavy music, 4 of the 5 members all are heavily tattooed as you can see in the picture above.

Another possibility would be the band above, Red Hot Chili Peppers.
An example of the sort of edition of my magazine would be to write a report on their comeback from let’s say a recent hiatus. So an article of the band revealing their new album and possibly an album promoting tour etc. From the picture itself you get the idea their music won’t be tremendously serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment